• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Audible Sale

direstraits

For those who like audiobooks, there's a sale over at Audible.com where everything is going for $9.95. If you choose something that's less than that, then the original price stays. The offer's on until Christmas.

I just got:
The Talisman (Unabridged) - King, Straub
Mort: Discworld #4 (Unabridged) - Pratchett
Life of Pi (Unabridged) - Martel

ds

ds,
Thanks for the heads-up. If you have an interest in such things, I heartily recommend the audio version of the collected short stories of Jorge Luis Borges. The guy that does the readings is excellent. You never get the feeling that he is reading. Rather, he makes it sound like he is telling you these stories. Plus, he copes with all the "foreign" names and words effortlessly; switching from German to French to Chinese to Spanish to Portuguese to English without missing a beat, and without sounding pompous.

thanks funes! I'll check it out.

While we're on the subject, check out the guy who does the narration for Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead. Whew, he's good!

ds

Another Sale at Audible. USD$9 for selected titles. Ends 19 March 2005.

Just a heads up for those who are interested. I just got Stephen Covey's 8th Habit (Unabridged) and History of the Roman Republic Vol 1.

ds

direstraits said:
Another Sale at Audible. USD$9 for selected titles. Ends 19 March 2005.

Just a heads up for those who are interested. I just got Stephen Covey's 8th Habit (Unabridged) and History of the Roman Republic Vol 1.

ds

I was disappointed in the selection. Either I had listened to it already or it wasn't something I was interested in. I had hoped for of a selection... :(

You're right, the selection wasn't brilliant, but I could still see something I was interested in. Guess we'd have to wait for the annual 9.99 sale then. :)

ds

Another Audible Sale. I got Maltese Falcon - by Dashiell Hammett.

Gotta... stop... buying... myself... dry!

ds

Back