• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Audio books.

If it wasn't for audiobooks, I wouldn't get much "reading" done. I work in a factory building catheters, so I HAVE to have something to listen to besides the radio. I would suggest any by Stephen King, especially if HE reads them. Been reading a lot of biographies lately, and re-reading Steinbeck, and it would take me literally months to get through a book, but with 10 hours a day on my hands, I read about 2-3 books a week, based on roughly 8-11 hours for the avg. book.

jzemsky said:
Hi,
The Harry Potter Books, read by Jim Dale are incredible. [/URL]

I agree. Lots of people like Stephen Fry's versions better, but I heard Dale's first so I'm used to his Hermione voice (funny stuff).

I've also listened to Hitchiker's, A Short History of Nearly Everything, A Brief History of Time, Animal Farm, Lord of the Flies, and the BBC versions of Lord of the Rings and A Christmas Carol. There are others that I can't think of now.

Back