• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Audiobooks for iPods/Macs

jaynebosco

I am wondering if anybody knows a system that allows for people with iPods and Macs can easily download audiobooks, other than borrowing CDs from the public library. I would really like to download an audiobook for free. Thanks.

I am wondering if anybody knows a system that allows for people with iPods and Macs can easily download audiobooks, other than borrowing CDs from the public library. I would really like to download an audiobook for free. Thanks.

Not that I know of. I know you can buy them from iTunes, but that isn't free. I go the library route myself. Does your library not have a decent selection?

I've never checked, but from what I can see in the library, the selection is kinda hit and miss. I'll have to check the online catalogue.

Most of the selection of audiobooks that they have on CDs are of books that have been in print for a while. I'm going to phone the library system to see if there is a chance that they may get an iPod download service. My guess is because of the cost and because Apple has a contract for them to be on the site that they can't offer it.

I don't understand why they couldn't offer as the technology is already there and a lot of people have iPods; they could just convert the files to mpegs or to Quicktime audio files.

I've never checked, but from what I can see in the library, the selection is kinda hit and miss. I'll have to check the online catalogue.

My library has a similar problem. Almost all of the books are mysteries and romances. Every once in a while I'll take one out, but mostly I order from interlibrary loan.

The thing about a download service is that they would probably want files in a format that all MP3 players can play. I like getting the CDs because I can make them into mono quality m4b files, which show up in my iPod's "Audiobook" section and don't take up much space.

Back