• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Author of Shiva's Messenger

Or, perhaps, they show that you have failed to fully explain your beliefs.
Yes, and I got quite frustrated from unsucessfully trying.
I tried to keep an open mind to your point of view, but you did not do well to convince me that your way would be a better way. In fact, you got extremely defensive when others poked holes in your idea.
People poked any holes in their own missed impressions and that further stoked my frustration.
But there's no point going back to this. It has been gone over and over and over again, without any clear answer from you, and I have no obligation to try to squeeze it out of you, because frankly, I'm loosing interest.
I was trying to respond. Perhaps my answers got lost in all your further questions

So, perhaps you should start another thread with a clean slate and a better introduction to your theory than "you are all slaves" followed by the "brainless squirrels" statement.
I tried that with my 'if you had a justice system thread' but it instantly went into hats, so I abandoned it.

nyse said:
I tried that with my 'if you had a justice system thread' but it instantly went into hats, so I abandoned it.
Hats are fun. :p

Perhaps you should start a thread that contains a short version of your theory with well-defined and diagrammed descriptions of just how order would be kept? This is the main concept of your system that most seem to have a hard time understanding. It is difficult to imagine an "honor-based" society which is what you seem to have described.

Have you ever been to an honor parking lot? I'd say that about 85% of the people will pay honestly, but 15% will not. How does society control the 15% that would not subscribe to order and respect for their fellow humans?

To nyse,

I've read the various comments on this thread and I have a question for you. Do you believe that the concept of absolute truth exists in the universe?

Hats are fun. :p

Perhaps you should start a thread that contains a short version of your theory with well-defined and diagrammed descriptions of just how order would be kept? This is the main concept of your system that most seem to have a hard time understanding. It is difficult to imagine an "honor-based" society which is what you seem to have described.

Have you ever been to an honor parking lot? I'd say that about 85% of the people will pay honestly, but 15% will not. How does society control the 15% that would not subscribe to order and respect for their fellow humans?
See thread 'Prohibitive Law vs Protective Justice'.

Dammit. Here I am enjoying the thread and someone had to bring up elderberries and Blackadder scripts. Nearly choked on my bloody coffee.

I honest say I've never paid more attention to a Welcome thread longer than 8 pages, so this is an achievement.

Is it too late to say it? Welcome, nyse!

As you were...

ds

Back