• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

gweccles

George Eccles photo.jpg

I'm George Eccles and Peach Publishing has just released the second in my Leksin thriller series Corruption of Power

I lived for many years in Moscow and Central Asia travelling extensively throughout Russia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan - often to places with restricted access to foreigners. During my time there, I advised a number of real-life oligarchs how best to take advantage of the opportunities that became available as regulation crumbled and government became increasingly corrupt. Not surprisingly, therefore, while my novels are fiction, many of the anecdotes and scenes are inspired by actual events.

I now live with my wife - and a cat called Lenin and a bulldog puppy called Boris - in a hilltop village in the South of France.

For more info, visit my website: http://www.gweccles.com

Sounds lovely I will look at your site! Adore the name Lenin for your kitty. I traveled to Moscow, Kiev and throughout Eastern Europe several times in my teens (late 1980s). Have not been back but would love to go see the tremendous changes.

Sounds lovely I will look at your site! Adore the name Lenin for your kitty. I traveled to Moscow, Kiev and throughout Eastern Europe several times in my teens (late 1980s). Have not been back but would love to go see the tremendous changes.

Hi! Good to hear from you. Yes, Moscow and Kiev has changed a great deal since the 80's. You would hardly recognise it now. More restaurants in Moscow than Paris, and even Uber functions there! I was back there a few months ago researching the third Leksin thriller (work-in-progress), and was amazed to find how much in the space of a couple of years customer service had improved in all areas. Even the policemen smile nowadays and are helpful if you ask a question! I loved living in the city - you should visit it again if you get the chance. All the best.

Back