• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Authors A-Z

Fielding, Henry

(bawdy chap who wrote Tom Jones, Joseph Andrews and Shamela - a mocking parody of Richardson's boring, uptight epistolic novel Pamela.)

Tobytook

Irving, John

(American ex-pat living in Canada. Closest thing in my opinion to a modern Charles Dickens - whom he cites as a great influence. Author of A Prayer For Owen Meany, one of the most affecting books I've ever read)

Hey, Annabelle

I went for a lurk around The Dusty Shelf and its associated environs. Very nice atmosphere. The thread headers resemble my dancing: open to interpretation :)

Tobytook

Michael Ondaatje.

- A Canadian author who didn't get much attention outside of Canada until The English Patient was made into a movie.

Currently reading his In the Skin of a Lion with Canada Reads 2002 sponsored by the CBC.

Oops, sorry :eek:

At my age, the eyes go, then the brain, then the ... ?

How about

Noel Coward, mostly known for his plays, but also wrote some verse, short stories, and a novel.

Ovid - howzat for a bona fide heavyweight!

(And because George Orwell was too obvious, and didn't write as many erotic poems.)

Tobytook

not really an author, but...

Quentin Blake (did those lovely illustrations for Roald Dahl)-B ;)

P.S. you can thank me for getting that pesky Q out of the way :p

Back