• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Avenue

The new structure has in my opinion boosted the overall ambience and quality dramatically. This time (even though it being the 4th time in total might be a factor) I could understand it without problems. If you made other changes, those were probably part of the boost as well, good work.

I am still wondering if the very open end is part of what the experience is supposed to be. Just now I notice that, had it been more definitive and less open to interpretation and speculation, I would not have taken the time to read this four times.

It looks so simple, even random at first but there are layers to this one. Respect.

Ben, Many thanks for the nicest words I have heard so far. And for your reading it four times. I shouldn't count on that from the average reader, so I take seriously your advice that I should write more clearly and make it easier for the reader. I'll try to keep that in mind.
Sincerely
Peder

Polly, Thanks for the thought. I hadn't thought of it that way, but now that you mention, some of the classical and beautiful well-known ones are clear, stunning and complete in themselves. Others are more allusive and open-ended, and I can think of many by famous authors whose metaphors totally lose me. It saeems to be a very wide playing field.
:flowers:

PS Nice signature line. ;)

I mostly read Modernist poetry now, as part of my postgrad, and that mostly consists of the rather vague and puzzling variety. :)

Thanks. I love that book.

I mostly read Modernist poetry now, as part of my postgrad, and that mostly consists of the rather vague and puzzling variety. :)

Thanks. I love that book.

I struggle with what I see. (Actually, I like mine better than most contemporary poetry that I see. Mortified to say that, but true.) :lol:

Portrait ? Yes! I really enjoy the raucous party early on and some later descriptive scenes, plus the final self-realization and proclamation. Excellent indeed.

I like the work exactly the way it is.

It's simple. It's straightforward. It works and that's why it's good.

Thank you so much, Wolf.
High praise indeed, coming from someone who writes so much better than I do.
A million sincere thanks that you liked it.
Peder
:flowers:

Back