• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

BAR PHOTOGRAPHY 24 HOUR CHALLENGE v1.0 - THE PHOTOS

oh no I can't believe it there has only been one entry!!! I apologise most profusely but we had visitors all week unexpectedly.

looks like you are "it" by default Bob! :)

i was just thinking that the day just started in the U.S. so maybe they took photos buit haven't come online yet. So, sure. :D

Mine? Or Sparhawk's?

mine is .... black hair dye, tomato sauce and eno's to make it fizzy. It was a right mess to clean up too.

If it was mine it was some Prestik made into spiky tentacles on a coke tin with a back light using a cellphone camera light.

And my verdict is.......

Meadow is the winner, which means she gets to pick the next subject and judge the submissions.

I liked all the entries. I think, not that anyone is asking (!), Meadow's entry was stronger because of the arrangement, it was oozing evil, but Sparhawk was a very close second. I liked the light effect.
Congratulations.

I liked all the entries. I think, not that anyone is asking (!), Meadow's entry was stronger because of the arrangement, it was oozing evil, but Sparhawk was a very close second. I liked the light effect.
Congratulations.

Thanks Gita, it was an interesting experiment because I don't usually take photos that can, in any way, be described as 'dark' and certainly not 'evil'. Just playing with a very limited palatte - originally intended just black and white but then it seemed like something was missing and the packet of tomato sauce (from a take-away) was just lying on the counter and I thought 'hmm' and there it was .... so yeah not my normal style or subject at all.

I don't know if any one is interested but the whole photo is like this:

black powder hair dye mixed with enos with some water to make it fizz poured in the middle of a white plate.

Old syringe (usually used for squirting out the cat's wounds with peroxide)

some tomato sauce poured into the middle and then the rest of the black fizzy mixture poured over. The powder dye has not dissolved giving it the gritty grainy feel.

Camera on close up with flash.

Applied a slight HDR effect to emphasize the grittiness.

Boosted the colour to restore the red to the tomato sauce and make the black really black.

heavy (size 80% and strength 70%) vignette effect applied to give it that narrow closed in feeling.

white and black Border x 2

resized for the net and voila one "evil" experiment

Back