• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Barnes & Noble

honeydevil

Hey, i'm very confused... i was on the webpage of Barnes & Noble and tried to find out if they deliver overseas and how much more it costs me... but i didn't get all this stuff they were writing there... could anybody help me out? Please?

Yep it's a pretty complicated chart... let me see.

You are in Europe, right?

If you just want a book or several books, no DVDs or music, and you order the cheapest shipping method (International Airmail), it will cost you $5.95 extra per book, and $7.00 extra for the entire order. So if you only order one book, it will cost you a total of $12.95 extra to have it delivered. Two books, it'll be $18.90 extra.

Make sense?

wow, that will make me poor... seems that i have to stick to the oldfashion method..:
write a mail with my order to the person i live with at the moment, she goes shopping and sends them for christmas, birthday, easter, and in between..

wait!! do they have something like if i order somethign for over 25 $ or so that shipping is free or less expensive?

novella said:
You might be better off with amazon.uk.

okay... i just thought since i'm a member of B&N that they would be nice and ship this stuff to me, since i'm tired of translations... but okay... can you tell me more about amazon.uk.? can i pay that wihtout giving them my credit card ,..?

If you want the books to be sent to Germany, you can use amazon.de. You don't pay delivery costs if you spend over 20 euros and you can get books in English from them.

Try alibris.com and abebooks.com they are great places to find books and not too expensive to ship.

clueless said:
If you want the books to be sent to Germany, you can use amazon.de. You don't pay delivery costs if you spend over 20 euros and you can get books in English from them.

Exactly. ;) And what they don't have you get through the Marketplace offers, 3€ Porto per item. My parents used to wonder why I get packages from Florida, Sweden, Canada and so on..
So don't worry. It's really not that complicated.

cool, but i have a problem since i don't want to make the finances over the computer... how can i do that?

Well, you can handle it all by 'Bankeinzug' (don't know the english word :rolleyes: ), you give Amazon your details and they handle everything. The same goes for Marketplace offers, Amazon takes the money from you and sends it to the seller.

Kein ü mehr? ;)
Kontonummer und Bankleitzahl, das wär's schon. Ansonsten Zahlung per Rechnung, ich weiß allerdings nicht, ob das als Neukunde sofort möglich ist und inwieweit das auch für die Marketplace Angebote gilt.

Rigana said:
Kein ü mehr? ;)
Kontonummer und Bankleitzahl, das wär's schon. Ansonsten Zahlung per Rechnung, ich weiß allerdings nicht, ob das als Neukunde sofort möglich ist und inwieweit das auch für die Marketplace Angebote gilt.

thanks and NOOOO the Americans don't have any "ü"... and this one i stole from your Quote...

I know they don't, I used to have an American keyboard and was totally frustrated because I always mixed ä, ö, ü etc. up.

So, you're soon coming back to Europe? Student exchange?

I would miss them terribly..
One guy from my year at school did an exchange last year, too. I used to mock him, because he still doesn't get the 'th' right... ;) He speaks it more like a 'v'.

hmm.. i think i get it right now, but with certain words like temperature i had a terrible fight... i won...

but you know what is histarical... ? when you try to teach people to count in German ... the first 4 numbers are easy and then comes FUENF... :D

I shall try the next time I stumble upon somebody from the UK or the US. :p I get most of it right, too. My teacher thinks I spent some time in America or England, but that's probably because he himself has not a clue about what he is talking about in the lessons. :rolleyes: It's awful!

Back