• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Oliver Petrovič

Good afternoon,

As a student of engineering I search for books about mechanics, mathematics, materials etc... somewhere in myriad of books on Amazon, I came across with this book - Basic Machines and How They Work :

http://www.amazon.com/Basic-Machine...p/B00A73FORE/ref=mt_kindle?_encoding=UTF8&me=

I can tell you, that in my opinion, it is one of books with which you should start if you want to learn basic mechanics principles on practical examples, it starts with simple things like levers, tackles, hoist, inclined plane etc..., but it gradualy gets to the point, where you will realize how simple, machines like differential, transmission, clutches, linkage etc..., actualy are.

P.S. - pay special attention on gears, because somewhere in last chapters there will be quick jump in difficulty with transmissions, transfer cases, power takeoffs, where a good understanding of gears will be needed. Do not be afraid of this jump, becuase as the book says on every tenth page machines like engines, transmissions, clutches etc... are just complex of simple machines.
- there are also some minor mistakes in the book - like bad notation of lever radius in some pictures, but it just makes you think, and that is probably right thing.

( P.P.S. - I am still learning English )

If you know about any book like this or about books that are explaining topics like materials, mechanics, math, physics in simple way, send me message or post comment please.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back