• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Beauty and the Beast

Ruzi

This was recently posted in a livejournal community and everytime I read this Fairy Tale I enjoy it more and more, needless to say it's one of, if not my my most, favorite. I've only read different versions none of which are longer than a few pages, just short stories really.
I'd love to get my hands on a longer version with more detail, but still follows the story right.
Does anyone know if there is a longer novel version that's worth reading?

"Rose Daughter" and "Beauty" are two versions, both written by Robin McKinley. McKinley also wrote "Sunshine" which has a little of the Beauty and the Beast story in it as well. All three are highly recomemnded. Though I wish I could find another version of BatB written by someone else, it's my very favorite fairy tale and Disney movie, too.

Beauty and the Beast (reply)

There is a really good one by Robin McKinley, who i adore which is called "Beauty". It is low level, low stress reading but if you really, like the story, it is great. There are some plot twists to it, but it is really good! enjoy!!

Back