• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Being WolfLarsen

manuscriptx

Like a distilled taste in fine wine; I already know I am as toxic as can be. I am a complete loser whenever it comes to recognizing women for what they are and who they are. They are an advanced species capable of anything. It would have been almost twelve years ago that I almost became one of these assholes lacking in moral character with an equal distain for a successful wife holding much more than an accomplishment over my head; while still managing to grow beyond the role of a “convenient penis”.

What women want are the sensitive men. Call it evolution, call it reality, but it’s something and it’s not pleasant. We were never the same. We were never meant to be individuals feeding off the trough of a middle class salary. Carrying the weight ourselves was our natural God-given right. And somewhere along the way we lost sight of what we became. Our way to freedom is within family and chores; sweeping, mopping, wiping babies’ behinds. Feeding animals we don’t appreciate and dealing with people we soon learn to dislike when we minded them the times we had a job.

Now it’s our turn to feel helpless like the women we made suffer perversely. We are cheated and leashed like the animals we kept in the corner kitchen – peeing on the linoleum, whimpering in the night, growling at every footstep by the door; tearing away at the stuffing inside rough thick sofa cushions. The technician that works at the library where I stand says it never ends. You will feel this way forever.

(I title it Being WolfLarsen because I thought of him and his writing this morning when the idea for this piece came to me. )

All I know is; if I had a parrot; I'd shoot it with buckshot.

You don't like the poem?
You could have just said that.

But thanks for the response.

My next poem will be; how to make a parrot burger.

To help you out here; let me say this. The first sentence is meant to be convoluted.

Like a distilled taste in fine wine; I already know I am as toxic as can be.

Distilling is a process, not a liquid that has any kind of flavor.
But the word seemed to fit the style with which I was writing.
I connect it to being being toxic like alcohol for some people.
Which in turn makes people act in ways they otherwise wouldn't.

To your second "observation" no I don't particularly care for the semi-colon. When writing out this particular piece on MS. Word; I get the familiar green line corrrection that I have to combine two fragments.

Sometimes five words are all I need to make a sentence, or two or one.
Then a fresh new sentence to me is like a fresh new thought.

But for grammatical sake, I use the semi-colon.

We good?

Hi Polly - I thought if you were just teasing it was probably o.k. but otherwise I thought you sounded like you were marking a paper.

Semi-Colons are like breath sounds.

The title of reply messages don't mean anything. So why would anyone bother?

- Unless;

They have nothing to say.

As for the semi-colon itself; as I say they are like breath sounds on a continuing thought. Unlike commas, you read a line and you expect the next thought immediately. Semi-colons allow you to pause over and over again and present the same thought or a new one.

I don't particularly care for semi-colons when I like ending thoughts ( not necessarily thinking of them as incomplete sentences ) with a period.

But when writing poems on MS. Word I've decided to follow the gramma-tory rule of using semi-colons.

As for the semi-colon itself; as I say they are like breath sounds on a continuing thought. Unlike commas, you read a line and you expect the next thought immediately. Semi-colons allow you to pause over and over again and present the same thought or a new one.

I don't particularly care for semi-colons when I like ending thoughts ( not necessarily thinking of them as incomplete sentences ) with a period.

But when writing poems on MS. Word I've decided to follow the gramma-tory rule of using semi-colons.

Yes, I agree. English is really quite flexible with respect to syntax and punctuation, permitting the writing of very extended thoughts quite different from the short direct sentences we are taught to write in school.

cheers
and carry on
:)

If; you're; Ms. Word; is suggesting; all those; semi-colons; then I suggest; a vi-rus scan. (Or trusting your own grammar skills rather than those of a computer programme.)

Never drink beer......especially when you're writing in a writing forum.

It took me 10,000 days to figure out my own way of writing.
Semi-colons are like quibbles.

Back