• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Ben Mezrich: Bringing Down the House

sparkchaser

Administrator and Stuntman
Staff member
I noticed that there wasn't a thread about Bringing Down the House: The Inside Story of Six MIT Students Who Took Vegas for Millions by Ben Mezrich. Has anyone read it?

It's pretty light reading but it's also a very informative story about one of the MIT blackjack teams.

This Wired article is where I first found out about it and it gives a good synopsis of the book: http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/10.09/vegas_pr.html

I haven't read it, but it looks interesting. I'll try to read it soon.

Did the kids make any more money from the book? I mean, did Ben Mezrich pay them for the story?

That's a good question. I don't know.

The book wasn't my usual fare but it was pretty good and a nice change of pace.

im already half way through the book, its a fast read and i can say its worth time and money.... im looking forward to his other two, "ugly americans" and "breaking vegas" any of these two live up to the success of the first one?
bringing down the house is being made into film, stars kevin spacey..

I have not read the other two. I read Bringing down the house a month before I went to Vegas to visit my sister. I suppose I should check out his other offerings.

Great Books

All of his books are really good. They all read really fast and are quite entertaining. I think he's got three out now...all really interesting.

Adam

Back