• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Best bookmark ever

manatherindrell

I have learned that the only bookmark worthy of my time, the only one I have not lost after one use, the only one that does not fall out every time I pick up the book is...my name badge from Wal-Mart.:eek: I used to not even bother with bookmarks because they lost my place more times than they saved it and I'll confess :( I dogeared the pages. Now I don't have to worry about damaging my new books anymore.:)

Anybody else have a favorite bookmark too?

It used to be a bookmark of Garfield, I had like 3. But they all... disappeared. Now the one I use most is just one with a timberwolf on it.

My favorite is one of a cat that looks like my beloved kitty that I had many years ago. The quote on it says, "The comfort of a friend may be taken away, but not that of having had one." I don't use it anymore. I keep it in a wooden box with other items that I don't wish to lose.

Other bookmarks I like also have cats on them with sayings like the following:
~ The best thing I can do for my friend is to simply be his friend.
~ I may not be perfect, but I'm always me.

Okay, so I happen to like cat bookmarks.

I only have one bookmark left because I lost all of the others, so I guess that would have to be my favourite. It's just a bookmark I got when I gave blood, displaying my blood type and the other blood types and the percentage of people that have them. My old favourite was one that I got from my brother for my birthday. It was made from wood and had a picture of Buddha on it with some script, and little dangly beads and stuff. I lost that one pretty quick :eek:

I used to have 3 bookmarks, but I've lost 2 of them somewhere. I'm using one of those plastic ones with a tiger on it. It's getting a bit haggard and bent, so I want to replace it.

I'm looking for a really good bookmark, but I haven't been able to find one yet. :rolleyes: I want one of those really thin metal ones, that sort of slide over the page.

the swipe card that I use to gain access to my office building, or an actual bookmark my aunt bought me at the vatican. I also tend to use receipts, and post it work wonderfully, because they actually stick to the pages of the book.

My favorite bookmarks are those postage-paid subscription postcards that fall out every time you open a magazine. I can always find one when I need one, and I can jot down notes to myself on them.

These days I'm using a pay stub from work a few weeks ago. I've never been good at holding onto bookmarks so lately I just stuff whatever I can find in there.

Yeah, it is from hookmarks.com they are expensive, I agree, and I would lose it within a few days, I'm sure.

Oh well.

Back