• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Best Children's Book

No mention of The Hobbit by J.R.R.Tolkien? The Hobbit is one of the best books ever written for children.
I struggled to get through The Hobbit in my 20's when I read it and I don't think I would have enjoyed it any more if I'd read it as a child.

I loved Roald Dahl when I was a kid and would love to re-read his books now that I'm an adult. My favorites were The BFG and Matilda, both excellent books!

Some of my favorites from back in the day -

250px-Corduroy.jpg

0062029959.1.zoom.jpg

The_bike_lesson.png

9780812448375_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

I was also majorly into comic strips: Peanuts, Calvin and Hobbes, Garfield, Bloom County (even though a lot of that one went over my head until I was older).

I loved the stories of magic and myth gathered by the Brothers Grimm, and my favorite story is Snow White :)

Well, I am a big Harry Potter fans but I would classify them rather as young adult since the topics get very dark later on. Best children's book? I'd say it's between A Bear Called Paddington or Alice in Wonderland. Probably Alice in Wonderland, I've read that over and over again, and it's so full of wonderful weirdness that I hope every child will read it.

Back