• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Best internet book database

mybooklove

kickbox
I'm looking for the best database of books online, like imdb to movies. I want a website that has almost every book ever published, because I need help finding a book. see my other posts

"Ever"? and "online"?

Dunno that I can help with that; never had that problem. But a few thoughts come to mind.

1. Books in Print is online, if I remember correctly. "In print" only of course.

2. Library Thing has the capability of searching numerous libraries and listings (Amazon, Library of Congress, Columbia University Library, and so forth), again if I remember correctly. Might be useful.

3. The membership at Library Thing might be able to recogtnize what you are looking for. They are huge and diverse it seems to me.

4. Finally, Google might just be your friend in trying to find such an oline data base as you are interested in.

That's what comes to my mind.
Good luck :flowers:

You would think that the LoC would have something akin to this on their website, but alas. I've been toying with the idea of starting up a site, as I've been looking unsuccessfully for a while now, and would rather have a massive database at my fingertips rather than scanning the "newly arrived" section of my library and various websites.

Well, there's Goodreads, which is almost a mashup of being a Facebook/IMDB for books. You could also try Worldcat, which is a catalog for almost every library in the world. Good places to start, if anything.

Back