• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Best of the best

Hanman

kickbox
Look it’s simple. Raymond E. Fiest’s, “Magician” and David Gemmell’s, “Legend” are the two best Fantasy books ever written.
End of Story!
Get over it!

Never heard of them...but will look into it.

That's the beauty of this site.....you read posts of other's favorites and you may get hooked.

I'm always open to new genres.....haven't been much into Sci-fi.....but I'm not against it either.

Good for you

Wow an open mind; it’s nice to see. Let’s get one thing straight. I’m not a big “Fantasy head” or anything. I read across all genera‘s but if you ever wanted to try a fantasy book these two truly are right up there. Another all time favourite book of mine is Stephen Fry’s The Liar. I’m not sure how you would describe it? It’s kind of a thriller, or a mystery, but kind of humorous as well and it’s as absolutely English as Stephen Fry is himself.
Why not send me a short list of some of you own favourites, I might take the plunge and read some of them.
Regards
Hanman

The Hippopotamus by the same author is a good read too and i hear Making History keeps up the standard.

I agree (Mostly)

Hippopotamus is a very good book. As is his re-working of the “The Count of Monty Christo” called “The Stars tennis balls” (Crap Title but bloody good book) His Auto biography “Moab is my wash pot” is also very good. “Making history” is good but probably his weakest book. But only weak compared HIS work.

humm... interesting... I like fantasy but have never read anything from this guy.

Will be looking into it. Thanks for the information.

btw, are these books in the "dragons and fairies" category?

Back