• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Best Personal Development Books

leticea

Hello! Can you recommend me some of the best personal development books you've read? I wanna make some suggestions of those books to our college library since they are lacking on personal development books.

I'll bite--
"How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie is a classic.
"Dress for Success" was helpful as I entered the work world.
"The Millionaire Next Door" is a book I wish I would have read when I was young.

Even though it is around one and half year old post, my list is down here in case if anyone has the same question. I have personally read all these books:

"Awaken the Giant within" -- Anthony Robbins
"The Greatest Salesman in the World" -- Og Mandino
"Karma Yoga: the Yoga of Action" -- Swami Vivekananda
"How to Stop Worrying and Start Living" -- Dale Carnegie
"How to Win Friends and Influence People" -- Dale Carnegie
"The Awakened Millionaire: A Manifesto for the Spiritual Wealth Movement" -- Joe Vitale
"Techniques in Prayer Therapy" -- Joseph Murphy
"Think and Grow Rich" -- Napoleon Hill
"The Power of Positive Thinking" -- Norman Vincent Peale
"Outliers" -- Malcolm Gladwell

Also anything written/recorded by Jim Rohn is just pure gold

1. Atomic Habits" by James Clear
    • This book explores the power of tiny habits and how they can compound over time to create significant change. It provides practical advice on how to build good habits and break bad ones.
  2. "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" by Stephen R. Covey
    • Covey presents a holistic approach to personal and professional effectiveness, emphasizing principles and habits that lead to long-term success.
  3. "Mindset: The New Psychology of Success" by Carol S. Dweck
    • Dweck explores the concept of mindset and how having a growth mindset can positively impact learning, achievement, and personal development.
  4. "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie
    • A classic in self-help literature, Carnegie's book provides timeless advice on communication, building relationships, and influencing others.
  5. "Man's Search for Meaning" by Viktor E. Frankl
    • Based on Frankl's experiences in Nazi concentration camps, this book delves into the importance of finding meaning and purpose in life, even in the face of suffering.

Back