• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Bill Blass, Jon Jefferson: Death's Acre

Ronny

I recently finished ,Death's Acre: Inside the Legendary Forensics Lab-the Body Farm-Where the Dead do Tell Tales, and I liked it very much even though this is not really my type of book. I thought it was very interesting and I enjoyed hearing how he solved certain cases. For all of the detail it was very fast paced and I never lost interest or failed to understand what he was explaining. Has anyone else read it?

My Library's summary-
Not for the "faint of stomach," this is the story of one man's quest to identify murder victims. Bass, who created the University of Tennessee's Anthropology Research Facility, which is devoted to research on human decomposition, mixes scientific and personal anecdotes in such a way that readers are hooked from the first page. Readability, however, never loses out to accuracy, and the mix is quite an accomplishment. The author explains the process of decomposition and how bones give clues to identity: approximate age, sex, height, and race, all of which are needed to bring the forensic scientist one step closer to putting a name to a corpse. He describes some of the cases he has been involved with and laughs at himself when he shares stories of mistakes and assumptions.

ooh, I will have to read this one. If you enjoyed this nook, another one you might like is "Stiff: the curious lives of Human cadavers". I can't quite remember the name of the author. Very good book, and very morbid.

Scottishduffy said:
ooh, I will have to read this one. If you enjoyed this nook, another one you might like is "Stiff: the curious lives of Human cadavers". I can't quite remember the name of the author. Very good book, and very morbid.

I just saw this, I'll have to check with the library for Stiff, :)

Back