• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Black Light

SCDarkMarine

Hi I'm 17 and was wondering if you guys could give me some feed back on this book I'm writing. Here are the first two pages. I wrote more but I'd rather see a request for the rest if you're interested.

Page 1:
pic.php

Page 2:
pic.php

Heady stuff

You speak like a sage, Dark Marine. Sure you're only 17? ;-)

I'd like to read more. I really have no idea where you're going with this, other than the theme of personal change, which is very important, and I'm intrigued. The writing itself is yours; you are clear, without technical error, and the tone is perfect for the subject matter, so what I can say? You kick ass.

I've been asking multiple people about this project of mine. So far I've been inspired to write on. The book is for those that want to make extreme self improvement.

Nothing that hasn't been said before but then again, there isn't much that hasn't been done yet I suppose.

As for a book, it doesn't seem to amount to much. Just seems like a bunch of phrases from a self help book - or a fortune cookie. I think it's trying to straddle the line between being philosophical and being a self-help book and that's a bad idea. But hey, to each his own.

I can tell you right now that most people havn't become absolute. I can point out simple things that people do that will prove they arn't absolute. It's a completely original self help book.

I need to revamp pages 3,4, and 5. So far only 1 and 2 are pretty much done.

demetrio said:
Nothing that hasn't been said before but then again, there isn't much that hasn't been done yet I suppose.

Nothing in the book hasn't been said before? What book has the same information? Who has said the same thing and done it? You can't say "any" self help book. It's a different type of self help.

I don't want to get into a flame war here. I just want to know where your coming from exactly.

BTW: The whole book will probably not be self help. The main topic of the first 5 pages is self help. Page 6+ will probably evolve in a different direction.

Back