• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Blade of Tyshalle

Angelini

Has anyone read this? A friend gave it to me and said I could read it without having read Heroes Die, the first of this series. He said that only the characters were the same, that I'd 'get it' without the first book. So ... I'm about 150 pages into it and I find it very hard to believe that I can understand this book without having read the first. I'm completely lost - I have no idea what's going on. The reviews of it basically say all that happened in the first book is one of the characters is crippled in a big battle - betrayed by someone, yadda yadda yadda.

So, part of me wants to continue, I trust my friend's judgment, but the other part wants to say forget it and read something else. If any of you think I'll understand the book if I keep going, I'll keep going, but if you think I need to read Heroes Die first, I'll skip it.

Back