• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

bn publishing

Hugh

Last year the price for an out of print book I was looking for on Amazon was $100 and up. If I remember correctly, I saw a few copies being offered at $300. Just for kicks I looked it up today and see that it's a regular priced in print book now, published by bnpublishing.net. The name of the book is The Anatomy of Success by Nicolas Darvas, here is the Amazon page: Amazon.com: The Anatomy of Success by Nicolas Darvas (the author of How I Made $2,000,000 In The Stock Market) (9789659124121): Nicolas Darvas: Books

So, who is bn publishing? I see mostly non-fiction titles on their home page. BN makes me think of Barnes and Noble, are they affiliated? Are they part of the Amazon/BookSurge program to make rare and out of print books available from the Univeristy of Michigan?

This brings up the issue or rare and out of print booksellers. They make their living hunting down these books. Are these booksellers doomed now?

We are living in a strange and woderful time. Google and Amazon are having a huge impact on information, bigger than the invention of the printing press.

I'm going to sit here with my mouth agape for a few more minutes and repeat 'wow'.

Back