• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Book From Childhood.

G4G

Hi. There's a book I've been looking for for quite some time now. I had it as a kid. I think it was called Billy Basher or Billy Smasher, or something like that. I've done the Google thing but to no avail. I think the cover was greenish. As best as I can recall, the story was about a kid called Billy (funnily enough) who used to always break his toys. One night while Billy is asleep, a being of some sort, not sure what, possibly a robot? comes along and takes Billy to a repair shop (of sorts) where he sees lots of robot type things working really hard to repair toys that kids have broken. This impresses (upsets?) Billy, and from then on he looks after his toys.
So, has anyone heard of this book? Any ideas where to look? I would just like to state that I have NOT been drinking and I have never taken drugs.

Hi,
I have heard of your Book, Billy Smasher. It was one of my favourite books from childhood and somehow, despite moving loads of times, I have managed to keep my copy. You're right, it has a green cover. My copy came from Woolworths and cost 5p. It still has the sticker. The book is currently one of my sons favourite books and wants it read to him every night. I think that it must be very rare as it does not come up on any searches I have tried. I could maybe scan it in if you would like. Let me know.
Best wishes, Giles Whitehead

@Giles: I fondly remember this book from my childhood but my copy is long lost. I would be grateful if you could post a few details such as author, publisher and ISBN to help me track it down.

Back