• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

book help please

dizzyshelly

a friend of mine cant find this book, she is convinced it was called starchild and she read it about 30 years
she was sure the main character came in a starship or portal to come down to the earth, and he somehow managed to get a group of people together (im not sure how and she cant remember), eventually he took this group of people off for a better live (presumably on some other planet) but in between there were "bad" people who were trying to get rid of him.
I know its not much to go on, but if any one has any clues please help! shes tried looking for it so many times but we cant find it!

Could it be this book or this series? I haven't read these books, and I can't find a review that mentions the details you listed, but the title and the time period seem to match. If not, I will look some more.

"The Starchild Trilogy is a series of three books written by Frederik Pohl and Jack Williamson. In the future depicted in this series, mankind is ruled by a brutal authoritarian totalitarian government known as the Plan of Man, enforced by a computerized surveillance state.

One notable point involving the series, particularly the early books is that they were written prior to the disproving of the steady state theory of cosmology. This may make certain portions of series confusing for readers aware of current scientific understanding.

The books in the series were:

The Reefs of Space (1964)
Starchild (1965)
Rogue Star (1969)

An omnibus edition titled The Starchild Trilogy was first published in 1980."

Back