• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Book hunt help

Gareth Yaztromo

Hello all, I'm a fledingling here. :)

I am searching for a fantasy book I read a long time ago when I was young. I forget the title of the book but I remember some events that took place in the book. If anyone recognises the book could you please post the title and author here. Thanks.

The story is about a young man who leaves his home (a port town I think) on some kind of adventure. That sounds familiar already doesn't it hehehe... don't a lot of them start off like that? Anyway the prominent event in the book I remember is when the hero is captured by a goblin tribe in a snowy forest who he is forced to live with as a slave or "amusement". He eventually escapes (forget how) and the book ends with him finding a tower and entering through a mirror portal or something like that. I know this sounds really vague but I have been dying to find it and read it again.

If no one knows what I'm talking about can someone direct me to another site(s) who can help me locate the book? Thank you again for taking the time to read. :D

dele, thanks for the input.

However after much searching and asking this question on many other fantasy/sci-fi boards I discovered the book I was looking for is called Magic Casement by Dave Duncan. :)

I look forward to getting a copy now.

I haven't read it, but I've read several other Dave Duncan books and think he is good.

yeah, Dave's good, but not consistently good.
even within aseries he doesn't write consistently well.
(but he keeps writing good enough for me to keep buying his stuff;))

Back