• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Book or story with the line...

AckeeEater

I remember him as if it were yesterday, at the Admiral Benbow Inn [...] a sabre cut across one cheek, a dirty livid white.
Encountered the story as part of a reader book in primary school around 1963-65, but only remember that quote. Would love to find the actual book or an Internet source for the story; been searching to no avail.

If anyone can help I'd be really grateful. Thanks.

--Æ.

Treasure Island. If you don't remember the book from the first time around, read it again. It's worth it.

Mari said:
Treasure Island. If you don't remember the book from the first time around, read it again. It's worth it.

Absolutely..there's a reason it is was in that textbook! But the whole book is much better than the bits and pieces used in the average schoolbook.

'Fifteen men on the dead man's chest -
Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!'

Ah, the sweet memories of my youth:D

abecedarian said:
See, who says great literature can't be fun;)

For even more fun when you finish reading this great classic check out the movie Muppet's Treasure Island. It's a hoot and the Admiral Benow Inn is in the first scene.

Definitely Treasure Island or its sequel, the name of which I can't remember. It was written by someone else and it was pretty good.

Well, well well! This went better than I expected, Treasure Island it is! Thank you guys so much, and most especially Ice who was able to locate the said passage on the Web. Reading it just makes me more anxious to go out and fetch the book.

I'll be staying around. Have a great Easter (if you're Christian, else, just enjoy the weekend).

Thanks again all.
--Æ.

Back