• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Book set at Stonehenge

Smeather

:confused: I need help finding the name and/or author of this book...It's about a lady that finds a time warp between 2 rocks at Stonehedge...she goes back in time, and marrys a guy and gets pregnant. He calls her Sassenach (?) something like that. Anyway, it's during a war I think and he tells her to go back so she won't get killed so she goes back to present day and nobody can seem to figure out why she's been missing or why she's pregnant (she knows of course). Her daughter doesn't find out about all this until the man that she thought was her father died and then her mom tells her about going back in time and all that...Gosh, am I confusing anyone yet? If you know anything about this book please please let me know!

Thank you

:confused: I need help finding the name and/or author of this book...It's about a lady that finds a time warp between 2 rocks at Stonehedge...she goes back in time, and marrys a guy and gets pregnant. He calls her Sassenach (?) something like that. Anyway, it's during a war I think and he tells her to go back so she won't get killed so she goes back to present day and nobody can seem to figure out why she's been missing or why she's pregnant (she knows of course). Her daughter doesn't find out about all this until the man that she thought was her father died and then her mom tells her about going back in time and all that...Gosh, am I confusing anyone yet? If you know anything about this book please please let me know!

Thank you

You're looking for the Outlander books by Diana Gabaldon..:D

The Outlander Series by Diana Gabauldon. There are 6 books in the series. The last has just been published in the last year (A Breath of Snow and Ashes). I have read this series twice! I swear, it's the best. You will fall in love with the characters, the country, everything. If you love Historical Fiction, please read this series. I'm psyched that you have asked about it. I am curious, where did you hear about the books?

not to impose, but thanks for posting this! sounds great. always looking for a new series. i love reading series!

Me too! And this one is the best. 6 books, you can't do better than that.

Sorry all you Enland people

:eek: I was just informed a couple days ago that its Stonehenge not Stone Hedge..well...however it's spelled it makes a great setting for a book! lol

Thanks guys!
I was walking by one of the aisles at Barnes and Noble and This series caught my eye. I only discovered this series 2 days ago. I will be picking it up this week to start reading. I'm amazed that I never knew this existed.:D

Isabell - Please let me know how you like the series as you progress through it. I am very interested. We should have a special thread devoted to this series, imo.

Back