• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Book suggestions?

AlexCole

I am searching for a book that is similar to the Da Vinci code. i read that and i am reading Angels and Demons and i like the way that art and history tie in with the plot. i am looking for a book that i can learn something from but that i won't get bored with. Any suggestions are welcomed and encouraged. My sincere thanks.

I would suggest both River God and The Seventh Scroll by Wilbur Smith - cracking adventure stories set around Egypt.

You might also try Tony Hillerman's Navajo mysteries. I think the latest one on the shelf is "Skeleton Man". It's in my TBR pile. He's gotten tons of awards for staying true to history. There's usually art or archeology or something new to learn. The last one, "The Sinister Pig" taught me all sorts of new things about the natural gas industry.

I haven't read them, but Iain Pears has written a series of Art History related mysteries. You might also like a couple of books by John Dunning dealing with the rare book world The Bookman's Wake and Booked to Die.

hm.. maybe The Poisonwood Bible is what you're looking for. i am yettt to read it, but i think there's a religious aspect in it.

The Poisonwood Bible is a great book, but I don't think it's Kingsolver's best, try perhaps Prodigal Summer. Also, One Hundred Years of Solitude.

Back