• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Book Thoughts

Rugby_Hockey

Hello there im new to these boards and am excited to be here.

Anyways I'll get on with it

I have an idea for a book and would like some feedback on your thoughts about it. Expecially if its been done before :D

Anywho its a sci-fi/fantasy book set in the middle ages on a different planet (still humans though) The kingdom is very corrupt with a rotten king and even worse queen.

Its about a stable boy who upset about his life and want something more, but knows it can never happen for he was born a peasant and will remain one. This stable boy works with his father, mother, two sisters and a girl who he has no blood relation too but is in love with. His father and mother have some great secret they know about the king that could bring the whole kindom crumbling down. But before the parents have a chance to tell their son they are murdered, the boys whole family is including his love. The boy comes home to find them all slaughterd, he swears vengence and revenge, and he knows the only way he can make that possible is to find the shadow knights (or something like that).

These shadow knight (or something like that) are a group of outcasts who fight the kingdom, they are great warriors who attack and leave without ever being seen. A few take down armies, they seem like they are magical and etc.

The boy (dont know name) finnaly gets trained by them after lots of work and sets off to give people justice (shadows wont train him for revenge)

So the rest of the story is about him and his adventures

So what do you people think? Does it have a chance? Also has this already been done? And if so i would love to read it

Remember this is just a rough over-draft things will most likely change..but the basic plot and characters are there

im not a writer or anything so bare with my thoughts of your story.

first off, i have read many books that have the same basic plot make up as yours. but most of the ones that come to mind actually start off with your main caracter already a member of the group of shadow knights.

second its been my experiance that the beginnings often take place after the book or story is already started, if you know what i mean. and the conflict that lead your character on his path(family being killed) comes full circle in like the third part of the book. are you following me? im probly not making any sense. anyway enough of my rambling. your idea sounds original to me, and i think it could be very entertaining
if i were you id just start writing. sounds like a fun idea..............

ps i cant spell

I'll be honest, it doesn't sound like a terribly original idea to me, however the devil is it the detail.
Just look at JK Rawlings series of Harry Potter books, they're hardly original to my mind and yet no one can deny the incredible success they have enjoyed.
If you were to target the right audience and it was published at the right time it could be promising. The masses are tending away from Sci Fi toward Medieval fantasy stuff these days or so it seems....

Back