• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Book Title... Poll (the suggestions I liked...)

Which Title do you like best?

• Total voters
leckert said:
Dude... I was hangin' with you, there. Right up to the last three words!

Man. I don't know how you do it, but you have an uncanny ability to completely bumble-**** my head!

What the ... nevermind.

:D
Why thank you... I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

All hail The Olympian Pen! Are you actually considering naming it that? On this forum, naming it such could get you stoned (and not in a drug-induced way). For example, I might be inclined to look you up, drive to your neighborhood, dress up like the bunny-suited man in Donnie Darko, hide under your bed with Carrot Top, wait until you are asleep, and then crawl out from underneath and pelt you with bricks, and then, since you are only a kid, I would have to (surely there's no other way) take care of your parents and any other siblings, relatives, acquaintances, etc. and bury you and all others in the backyard with my crimson-syrupy-covered shovel. Just a "what if"...

King Kovifor - I think Shade was messing around when he suggested the Olympian Pen. There were a few threads going around a while ago about a fellow auctioning off chapters in his book on eBay (see here and continued here). This wasn't very well received by a number of forum members, but if you didn't read the thread you probably wouldn't understand the reference.

I think it's great that you're writing at such a young age, and I want to encourage you to keep on going. I certainly never had the ability to concentrate on writing anything of that length when I was your age, so good on you! I think a few people writing on this thread need to consider the wisdom of Thumper's Daddy and offer some more constructive thought on what you are writing :) .

I voted for 'none of the above'. I know what your story is about but none of the titles really grab me. I think you need to finish writing the story first, and then the title should take care of itself. Naming it after the virus itself is a good idea, but will it capture the reader? Why is the fellow loading up the virus in the first place? Can you use something about him (I just assume a man, sorry) and *his* story to develop a title? You need to ensure that your story does not come across like one of those mid-1990s 'The Net'-style books which profited from people's obsession with this new fangled technology. So maybe when you're naming your virus you can come up with something other than just a single name. Your programmer can name it anything he likes... or maybe the newspapers name the virus. Either way, continue to use one word (Vishnu, for example) for your virus for now, and you may find that as you progress in your work that another title and name become more apparent. Don't sweat the small details for now - that's what the editing process is for.

Good luck!

Back