• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Book Titles A-Z

Originally posted by Dawn
Prince Caspian (The Chronicles of Narnia Book 4) by C.S. Lewis
Welcome, Dawn. But I rather think the nature of this thread may have eluded you.

Where's the U?

Tobytook

Sorry about that. I didn't see there was a page 2 in this thread, hence the "P".

Voyage of the Jerle Shannara by Terry Brooks

What about Xanadu? There must be a bunch of those out there, no?

Either way: The Year the Horses Came, Mary Mackey.

By the way, isn't Orson Scott Card the Alvin Maker guy?

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

BTW, have any of you guys out there read this?

Originally posted by Ell
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

BTW, have any of you guys out there read this?
Yeah, it's a rattling good book. One of those that everyone knows but few have read. Bit like The Bible.

Sort of social manifesto slash philosophical tract slash roadtrip. I read a Vintage UK edition (early 90s, I think) which includes a new and fairly heart-rending Afterword showing how real life has a way of spoiling some adventures.

The sequel, Lila: An Inquiry Into Morals is interesting but rather dry and dense, lacking the enthusiasm and accessibility of its predecessor. Possibly stifled by the resonance of those events described in Zen's recent Afterword.

Shame, really. But they do say that everyone's got at least one great book in them. Zen was Pirsig's, and pretty great it was, too.

Tobytook

Does anyone want to carry this on and go round again? If so...

Animal Farm by George Orwell.

:)

Back