• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Books by an Ex CIA Operations Officer

Yorktown BB

I’m a very avid reader. I’ve read everything Tom Clancy has written, and just about everything from W.E.B. Griffin. And, thanks to my dad’s love of western novels, I’ve read several Zane Gray books. I also enjoy a good science fiction series from time to time. I opine I read approximately 60 books a year. I wanted to pass on a recommendation the following recommendations:
The author, Charles Faddis, is a retired CIA operative. He spent twenty years in the Near East and South Asia working against terrorist groups, WMD smuggling networks and rogue states. Additionally, he took the first CIA team into Iraq in advance of the 2003 invasion. Mr. Faddis and I have crossed paths, both professionally and personally, over the past several years so I was drawn to his books based on our relationship. Charles has a great fiction series going that has been an enjoyable read for me so far. The three books (Codename Aphrodite, Barbarossa, and Caffa) center around an ex CIA operations officer named Bill Boyle.
So, if you enjoy books on counterespionage, counterintelligence, and feel good when good triumphs over evil, then check out the above books.
Finally, you may have heard of his other books (Operation Hotel California: The Clandestine War Inside Iraq, Beyond Repair: The Decline and Fall of the CIA, and Willful Neglect: The Decline and Fall of the CIA) which are also worth downloading or purchasing from Amazon.

Back