• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Books I own but haven't read yet

My still-to-be-read list:

The Queen's Fool by Philippa Gregory
The Virgin's Lover by Philippa Gregory
Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
Magician by Raymond E. Feist
The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan
Voyager by Diana Gabaldon
Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke
Communion by Whitley Strieber
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky

Well I guess I'm about the only person on here who actually enjoyed Lord of the Rings :D

I've got Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell now too, but haven't even considered tackling it yet. I read Huck Finn for school and hated it, but I suspect if I read it again now, without the mandatory aspect, I'd probably enjoy it more.

If you read any of those soon, please come back and report here what you thought. I'd love to know, as I am always on the lookout for more books to buy. Yes, I have a problem.

Thea said:
Prairie_Girl, someone else mentioned in this thread that s/he won't buy new books until ten of those already owned are read, but I could never adhere to such a strict policy. Books are simply too yummy to pass up.

I came home with The Bookseller of Kabul and an iRewards card from chapters, which means I know get a discount at Chapters. which is nothing but an excuse to buy more books.

I've got a list in my Book Log. I keep it updated, though it is far from complete. Many books I have not even put on there yet. It's the TBR list that's interesting of course. On that one are books I've had lying around for years and years on end tsk tsk.

I try to tell myself that I shouldn't buy anymore till I've read some of those I've already got, but alas, it really doesn't work.

And MC, you're not alone in having enjoyed LotR. It's one of those books I keep rereading :D

Iain Banks - The Wasp Factory

Just finished reading. Recommend!! If you want to find out story of isolated teenage boy who lives on the island with his father and totally into his imaginary twisted and in some degree sick world, then this is book to read. Must read till the end, because the end is very unpredictable and twisted. The end makes you wonder if author just come up with sickening twisted story or he is not normal himself.

Here is my shameful list of books I own that I have not yet read:

Great Expectations by Chuck
Bleak House by Chuck
Little Dorrit by Chuck
Tale of Two Cities by Chuck
Nicholas Nickleby by Chuck
Moby Dick by Herman Melville
Dracula by Bram Stoker
Alaska by James A. Michener
War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy (I'm waiting for a specific translation so I'm not likely to read this Garnett translation. Maybe one day for contrast.)
Notes From Underground by Fyodor Dostoevsky
Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov
East of Eden by Steinbeck
Barney's Version by Mordecai Richler
The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz by Mordecai Richler
Foucalt's Pendulum by Umberto Eco, likely my next read.
Dune by Frank Herbert
The Call of the Wild & White Fang by Jack London
Watership Down by Richard Adams

This does not mean these will necessarily be read soonest. There are more books I will buy or borrow from somewhere that will get read . There's also a small pile of Kings and other pulp that may or may not ever get read by me.

Ions, The Master and Margarita is one of the best, and most bizarre, books I've ever read.

Back