• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Books Per Month

SilveryChris

On average about how many books would you say you read per month? And are they all of the same genre or do you like variety?

Usually 4 - 8 books per month.

Mostly, it depends on time I have available and the complexity and length of the books. I like reading different types of books at the same - anything from classics to non-fiction to mysteries to SF. The only genre I'm not fond of is romance.

It used to be at least two per month. Now it's slowed down to about one a month if that :(

I mainly read action/adventure novels, but I try to keep an open mind and try new genres.

I hate to admit it, but I don't read books as much now that I have discovered cyberworld as I did before. Isn't that awful???? But I usually read 3 or 4 books every month. And I like all genres except Biographies. For some reason a straight Biography does not appeal to me, but put the same life story in the context of an Historical narrative and I like it.

About 6-8 per month. I tend to read more during the school months when the kids go to bed early. Now, though, they're up til midnight or beyond! With Harry Potter coming out at the end of the week, they'll be plenty occupied!

About 3 a month. I am a slow reader and really hate to see a good book end. Plus if I read while lying in bed, I can only manage a few pages before I am snoring and drooling on it.

Well, the number of books, which I'm able to read per month varies significantly throughout the year. When I attend classes (most of the year, unfortunately, if I look at this from a reader's point of view) I hardly read anything except obligatory scientific literature for my studies. I catch up on during each holidays and summer - I think that about ten books per month. As for the genre: everything except horrors.

I read very slowly, well I don't read that slow but I don't read very many pages at a time. The better the book, the longer I take to finish it,
Originally posted by Sharkgirl
...and really hate to see a good book end.
pretty much sums it up for me. I reckon my average would be less than 100 pages a week and, even though it's a short book, I've made Terry Prachett's "The Wee Free Men" last about Three weeks & I still haven't finished it.

Depends on the size of the book and whether I do anything after work or not. I can read about a hundred pages an hour so in a good month I can read about 10 books.

I've read a few 700 pagers this month though so I think it'll only be about 6 by the time August comes.

Mxx

Usually at least 5 or 6, but sometimes I may have 2 or 3 books I am reading at one time.

I read a variety of books at one time because we homeschool, and I spend time reading up on things to teach my daughter.

I read 2-3 books in per month. Depends on what am I doing. If I am really busy in one month I read 1 book. If the book is really good, I read speedily and then start another book.

Are you people mad!?

10 books... each month?! Or more?! Geez, I'm always very proud of myself when I manage 1 book a week, so 4 a month. And people always call me a fast reader. liars!

Cheers, Martin :D

Hee. I have read 2 books this month (August) and am onto a few more just now (including Holes - but don't tell anyone in case it wins). Also managed to borrow a PG Wodehouse so can try him out next. I can't see me reading more than 6 or 7 this month unless I manage to pull myself away from the PC at night and, thus, avoiding the dreaded Net riddle.

Mxx

A few :D It varies greatly depending on what im doing! Ive already read two this month and have almost finished a third, but i would put my usual monthly total at around 2-3 i guess :)

Back