• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Books similar to those written by Crichton and Ray Hammond

Andrew

I recently read a book called 'The Cloud' by Ray Hammond and enojyed most of Michael Crichton's books. I've been searching hard for similar books to The Cloud but cant find any. So I was wondering if anybody could recommned ones that they have read or have come across in the past. Now they dont have to be that similar. Just a good suspensful techno-thriller or science fiction book. Or something to do with threats from space or space exploration.

Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child seem to follow the Crichton formula to a certain extent, though there's no "preaching" ... and they have kept to series characters in mostly self-contained books. The Relic and Reliquary are two that are linked most directly. Lately, they have a trilogy going: Brimstone, Dance of Death, and the Book of the Dead. Riptide and The Ice Limit are quite exciting and deal with fairly realistic science or fact. They do very well separately, too, with Utopia and Tyranosaur Canyon coming right to mind. Good barnburners!

If you liked Jurassic Park, then you have to read Legacy of Heorot by Larry Niven, Steven Barnes and Jerry Pournelle about beasties that plague a fledgling space colony. This is rumored to be where Crichton actually got a very important plot twist for JP.

Back