• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Books that you wished they made into a movie?

Mmm... Heath Ledger... Anyone ever see that terrible fantasy series called Roar that was out when Hercules and Xena were hits? Man, even back then I thought he was a hottie.

Sorry, my drool is damaging my keyboard. I'll let you get back on track now.

I think "Raider's Tide" would make a good film.

Not because it's a brilliant book, but it's not all the long (so they wouldn't have to cut out all the good bits!) and it's got action... and it's set in the 1500s or so, so the costumes and stuff would be fun!
I agree that so many books don't become good films, but I think this book - if done properly - might work.

mehastings said:
The Improbable Future by Alice Hoffman. I was so excited when I saw they are actually doing it already.

Of course, I'm always dissapointed by the movie, but you never know...

is that the one about the girl with the special talent and all the women have a talent? and she goes back to visit her gran and her gran is trying to grow a blue rose?

jenngorham said:
oh yeah heath ledger. his voice slays me. who would you pick for claire. a serious but lusty blonde(was she blonde?)

yeah, his voice is sooooo dreamy :)

geez, who is there that could play Claire? that's a tough one. serious, relatively young actresses are hard to think of. i always thought Claire's hair was between blonde and brown, i don't know why. anyway, how does Naomi Watts sound? given her role in the Ring I think she might be able to get serious enough to play Claire- but maybe sh'e s bit too delicate. Kate Winslett? i think she'd do well. if Helen Hunt was a lot younger i would say she would be good. who do you think?

i don't really know naomi watts. kate winslet would be good. she is sturdy and beautiful. when the book starts claire is only 30ish right? funny i think of her as being older than me. i would think a younger cate blanchett too. someone serious and beautiful, but that you could see kicking some ass.

yeah, i think Claire is nearing 30. i think she was 24 when she got married and then spent 3 years as a nurse in the war. i thought she was 27 when she went through the stones and met jamie. i may be wrong- i only read it once and it was a couple years back. but i still consider 27 fairly young- at least when it comes to choosing serious actresses.

Jenem said:
yeah, i think Claire is nearing 30. i think she was 24 when she got married and then spent 3 years as a nurse in the war. i thought she was 27 when she went through the stones and met jamie. i may be wrong- i only read it once and it was a couple years back. but i still consider 27 fairly young- at least when it comes to choosing serious actresses.

it's true i thought about it all day. trying to think of good actresses in the 25 -35 range and all i can come up with is gwyneth (who would be wrong for claire) and kate winslet.

Back