• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Bookshelf organisation

Mine is organized by Stephen King and Not.

Lol well, it's a little more in-depth then that. but 90% of the books I buy are stephen king, so they all go in one shelf, and books by other authors go in a different one. All of my paperbacks are mixed together though.

Most of my books are organized by category, and some of the categories are alphabetized by author. But, some of the categories only make sense to me, and aren't all that rigid. For instance, Rex Stout is a category unto himself and those books are ordered chronologically. My "biblio-mystery" section is alphabetical, as are general fiction and books about books. History of science isn't organized except that it has a "Manhattan Project" subcategory. History, likewise, has an organized subcategory for books about legendary lost mines and treasures. Then, of course, there is the "special" bookcase, etc.

i am in the group of those who keep their books piled up on the floor. and not only now (my house does not have any kind of shelves since the owner threatened me that he will ask me money to paint the walls if i put nails in them), but home too. i think it is too complicated to have things in an organized manner. it looks so artificial. :eek:

I start out with organization in mind, but after a few days my books normally look like organized chaos. :(

Back