• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Brad Thor: Full Black

Hugh

This makes the second military/political thriller I've read recently that was a thinly disguised right-wing diatribe against the weak and liberal left. However, it's not a bad book. The plot revolves around an ex-Navy SEAL, (is everybody an ex-Navy SEAL now?), now in the CIA chasing down Islamic terrorists intent on destroying the USA. Very early in the book we are introduced to one of the evil string-pullers named James Standing, and it is quickly obvious that the character is based on George Soros, (this isn't a spoiler, BTW, it's obvious to even the most casual reader). The fighting and combat scenes are thrilling, and the technology used in the fight is fascninating. If you like your hero as a bad-ass ass-kicker, you will love this book, if you can get over the political right-wing bleating and whining. The political viewpoint being injected into the story simply isn't necessary to the plot and I wish authors like Brad Thor and Vince Flynn would stop it. Even though I enjoyed the overall stories that I've read from both of these authors, I won't pick up any more of their books because of their political ranting.

:star3:

Flynn and Thor, while mildly amusing, write the same story over and over. Their leads, Rapp and Horvath, are interchangeable. I think the cover blurbs from Beck and Limbaugh give away their political leanings as well. I've read a few of both, mostly to kill time in airports. Not nearly as complex, intriguing or entertaining as Daniel Silva.

Nw

Back