• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Bridge To Terabithia

Real Great Idea

Bridge to Terabithia was an excellent movie! I brought my 10 year old to see it, and we both loved it. Now she is reading the book and it is great also. Any comments?

I had never read the book before so I am reading it now so that I can go see the movie. I try to read the books first if I can.

I read the book a LONG time ago, and keep meaning to read it again, since I liked it. But then, there are a ton of books on my list of books to read...

One of those books from My childhood I absolutley loved!!
Even now 7 months away from turning 20- I read and re-read it for aquick light break!

Am looking forward to the movie, havent had a chance to see it yet:
must truly be amazing though- as the writer leaves alot of scope for imagination and creativity!

I remember one of my friends told me to read this when I was younger but I never did. When I saw the previews for the movie I thought 'I should really read that...' Haven't yet, but after reading this thread I think I'll pick it up at the library. Will definitely see the movie.

I read the book a long time ago, so I don't remember it well now. What do I remember?

- I remember thinking it was too short, and that I hated the cover.
- I think the girl was unpopular, and the boy and the girl did a race at school, while all the boy's friends watched. The girl won the race, and the boy's friends made fun of him for losing.
- They became friends, and built a land in the forest. They named it 'Terabithia.'
- Someone dies; I think it was the boy, and the girl was crushed. Didn't he slip on a log?

Great book.

great book, i read it back in 4th grade, didnt really get as much out of it as i did when i watched the movie now, i might pick it up and read it since my mom's a school teacher she could get it for free lol And the movie was excellent as well good mix of fantasy and reality.

Back