• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Bruce Almighty

Michigan

kickbox
I saw this at the drive-in a while back and I rented it recently so I'm thinking about it. Seen it? Interesting movie? I think, despite the large amount of jokes, its an interesting topic and it gets more serious towards the end. I haven't a comedy movie with such a deep topic as this. Thoughts???

I've heard Christians rave about it, and it avoids poking fun at religion, and yet its a good laugh whether your religious or not I think.

OK I'm sensing a bit of a negative reaction from the fellow forumgoers... I'll admit that Jeniffer Aniston is the world's worst actress, but was it THAT awful??? :confused: :(

It's not all bad, Mich. I liked it. It was one of the better Carrey movies out post-Truman Show, though.

[RANT]
I get irritated when he tries so hard to be a dramatic actor when he should be playing on his strengths, which happens to be comedy. All this started when he suddenly got nominated in the Golden Globes as best *dramatic* actor for _The Truman Show_. Boy did he go downhill from there.

I hope someday he realizes his folly and comes out with something even close to the perfection that is Ace Ventura Pet Detective (the first one). :D
[/RANT]

ds

It wasnt irredeemable, but it was far from his early genius :) Well, if you can call Ace Ventura genius anyway, it seemed pretty good when i was 12! :D

If you want to see Jim Carrey acting however, steer clear of this and go watch Man in the Moon.

Phil

phil_t said:
It wasnt irredeemable, but it was far from his early genius :) Well, if you can call Ace Ventura genius anyway, it seemed pretty good when i was 12! :D

If you want to see Jim Carrey acting however, steer clear of this and go watch Man in the Moon.

Phil

Man in the Moon was brilliant......I also enjoy most of Jim Carey's quasi serious films. I've seen him talk seriously in interviews before and I tend to believe he's got something special. Everyone has those actors that they see as bringing more to the table than people realize, Jim Carey is mine. Although, I was not a very large fan of his early work....

the movie isn't worthy of any type of award but i must admit that the jist of the movie was pretty cool: you can't please everyone; most people are greedy and are never satisfied.

Back