• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

business leadership books

shortkake242

I'm looking to pick up some new reading material dealing with business leadership skills. Does anyone here have any recommendations for the manager of a small business? Thanks!

I'm almost done reading "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosaki.... I recommend it. I also bought "Bag The Elephant" by Steve Kaplan but, I haven't started reading it yet.

Rich Dad, Poor Dad looks more like a family-oriented kind of book am i wrong? I'm looking for something geared more towards the business edge. Have you happened to read Corporate Canaries? It's somewhat similar to "7 Habits of Highly Effective People" I believe.

shortkake242 said:
SFG75, what do you feel you took away from Leadership Secrets... Anything in particular? Just curious.

The book was really savaged in reviews on Amazon. Some felt that the author simply took a few quotes and mixed in his own views on business leadership. If anything, adapting to different circumstances and being flexible was the main thing that I got out of it. The author recounted a horrible defeat that the Huns suffered and how Attila changed his tactics after that disastrous campaign. I'm not one to reconsider my positions often, so it did kind of hit home with me in that regard. The other main thing that really stood out for me was motivating one's employees and how well Attila did in achieving that.

Rich Dad, Poor Dad is a great book! It teaches you the mindset of being a leader and the mindset of minding your own business :p Just finished reading it yesterday, awesome book!

SFG75 said:
The book was really savaged in reviews on Amazon. Some felt that the author simply took a few quotes and mixed in his own views on business leadership. If anything, adapting to different circumstances and being flexible was the main thing that I got out of it. The author recounted a horrible defeat that the Huns suffered and how Attila changed his tactics after that disastrous campaign. I'm not one to reconsider my positions often, so it did kind of hit home with me in that regard. The other main thing that really stood out for me was motivating one's employees and how well Attila did in achieving that.

Thanks for your thoughts, I will certainly check it out for sure now that it comes so well recommended from you. I'm curious to read about the things you are talking about for myself. So far I've only found Corporate Canaries to be one that I would recommend to others, so I can't wait to try yours. Thanks!

Back