• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Buy books?

I buy all my books off Amazon.com. And usually used, I've gotten some good deals on many used books(and sometimes they're even hardcover) for under a dollar so with shipping that's a book for $4. I'd go to the library but I'm too anti-social to be making frequent trips all the way down there.

In order of preference:

Locally-owned book store
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Other

When I am traveling for my job I like to stop at used bookshops and see if there is anything I can add to my shelves.

I don't use libraries now I've got my degree.

I buy books, from Tesco, Play and Ebay. Some I sell on again, most I keep. I hate letting books go, but cheap trashy novels I am usually happy to sell on. I love living in a house full of books.

From most often to least often, I: Snatch books from my mom and grandmother, order them used online, get them at yard sales and used book sales, and as a special treat I sometimes buy from Borders or B&N. I hardly ever borrow from the library, just because I forget to bring them back. But it's great, I have found so many finds just going through my grandmother's little library.

I rarely buy brand new books, unless its something that I've been waiting for, like HP and some of the ongoing series novels.

I usually buy my books at Goodwill, then when I'm done, I often re-donate them. My husband gets mad when I start leaving the books around. Seriously there are mini-piles of them EVERYWHERE before I take them to donate them.

I actually try to stay away from stores like Borders and Barnes & Noble. Funny story, I reserved my copy of HP and the Deathly Hallows at a Borders at Midnight when it came out. BIG MISTAKE! I ended up running (literally) down the plaza to Giant Eagle (a local grocery store here). I was out of breath but I got my copy. When we walked back to our car, everyone was asking where we got the books and they started running towards the grocery store.

Looking back, I should have waited until Saturday to run down there, but I'm an addict.

Back