• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

C. DeBellaigue; Patriot of Persia

SFG75

I went to the library today and after picking up John McCullough's John Adams for my audiobook selection, I happened upon Patriot of Persia. I'm exactly half-way through the book and it's a good page turner. The book relies heavily on political events and personal anecdotes regarding Muhammad Mossadegh, while touching upon the larger effect of the British/U.S. supported coup. The book is evenly balanced and does not put Mossadegh on a pedestal, even accusing him of having first hand knowledge of a prominent assassination. The man was a solid tactician of politics, though he didn't have the stomach(literally!) for street protests and violence, upon witnessing which, he became a human fainting goat. This is definitely a good read, I highly recommend it if you enjoy history and politics.

Well, SFG, you've convinced me. Even though there's a chance (and I know it!) that it will make it almost to the top of my TBR mountain and then begin a slow decline, as so many other interesting books have done. :(
Bios of Cicero and Henry Clay still waiting,
But thanks :D

Back