• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

C.S. Lewis: The Inklings

RivenBorn

For years know some of my favorite authors including the most noted authors C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien came from the Inklings. My favorite however is C.S. Lewis... Though a Christian writer I still enjoy his work. I am very unbiased to people's religions. I myself raised Catholic but converted to a pagan belief system I still found great respect for people who found their calling including C.S. Lewis. I read a little on his life and what he went through losing his mother and everything like that. Transforming himself from a lost Athiest to a man who found an open heart. I remember reading about how people disrespected him for writing The Chronicles of Narnia because they were to paganistic and also to childish however when you read the books you see he was open to new ideas and it was not childish at all. It took me years to find out that Aslan is God in some strange way. I just prefer his work because it can be strict like his Space Trilogy yet lose like his Narnia chronicles.

What is your favorite Inkling?

Mr. Tolkien. For a spoof of Inkling's, I'll recomend Notion Club Papers by Tolkien published in Sauron Defeated; History of Middle-earth Volume IX.
If you are an Inkling's fan and want more insite into the character's of various famous members, try Letters, by Humphrey Carpenter; selected letter of Tolkien written to C.S.Lewis, his wife, his children and fans around the world revealing his thoughts concerning his works and life in general.
I'd also recomend The Screwtape Letters by Lewis, an admirable and thought provoking work.

For a detailed biography of Inklings, [By Humphrey Carpenter] check this out.

The Inklings: C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, Charles Williams and Their Friends

Back