• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Can anybody tell me what is wrong with my stupid printer?

Haethurn

I'm doing a report on Asclepius for my mythology class and I can't get it to print right.

I don't use Microsoft Word, I use ThinkFree Write (man, that sounds like Orwellian Newspeak). For some reason, whenever the pages print, some words and letters are cut off at the sides. It is VERY annoying. Please it would really be best if somebody answers this today, as the report is due tomorrow and it won't matter much why the printer doesn't work if I am going to get an F on the report.

The manual for ThinkFree Office doesn't help me, nor does the manual for the printer, or the troubleshooting index provided by both programs. The printing one told me to check "scale to fit paper" or something like that, and I did, but the results were even worse.

I have never used that package, but it sounds like the page margins are larger than the print margins. This means that the writing goes further to the edge of the page on screen than it does on the printing paper.

When you go to the print screen look at the options you have and attempt to change the print margins. You may also be able to see the actual document margins if you can find some sort of page properties for that application. See if the document settings and the print settings match each other before printing.

Hope this helps in some way.

Mxx

Hmmm - have you tried adjusting the margins? You could also just copy and paste the entire essay into a separate document and try that - sometimes peculiar things happen to working documents in terms of page layouts (in my experience). Failing that put it on to a floppy disc and print it out a college.
Sorry not much help.
:confused:

Another thing to check is the paper size for the program and the printer.

Sometimes I've had mine set to "US Letter" instread of "A4" and that's thrown the printing off.

Here are some possible things that could be the cause the problem.

You're not yelling at it loud enough.

You're using the wrong kind of hammer.

Your threats towards it are not convincing enough.

You're using the right kind of hammer, but it's too small.

You don't have enough ex-printers impaled on spikes, in full view, to serve as examples.

Your profanity isn't vulgar enough, whilst cursing it.

If all else fails, you could always hand in a soft copy of the report. If they won't accept a soft copy, use their facilities to print out a hard copy. As you're leaving, after you've handed your report in, break into a skipping jog, jump into the air & bring your feet together as though you're clapping with your heel (If this whacky adventure of yours were a short film, this would be the freeze-frame point where the credits start to roll).

Back