• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Can anyone help with this book?

Pinky

Hi everyone, I have just joined and so I hope I'm posting in the correct section with this query, and if not please forgive me till I find my way around the site! I am desperate to find and re-read a fiction book which got recycled accidentally. Unfortunately I can't recall the title or the author (I know!) I think it was written around 2000 - 2004 and is the story of a teenage girl, who is a bit unhappy with her life. She's an art student and doesn't like her body much. She finds herself the victim of an abduction, and is taken, blindfolded, to a hut on an allotment. (She doesn't know where she is, of course.) She builds up a relationship with her abductor who is not entirely unkind to her. Eventually (details a bit hazy here) she gets released but the kidnapper is not found. At the end of the story we find her happier in her life, with a baby (and the father is the abductor.) She is in the park when she sees him .. but she doesn't report him. If anyone out there knows what the title of this book might be, I'd be eternally grateful! :) Many thanks, Pinky, Cambridge UK

Gosh, I'd read a similar story when I was young called Slumber Party, I believe, but it doesn't end like that. Sounds like an interesting tale!

Wow that sounds like a really good story! I would love to read it myself :) If you figure out the title please let me know!

Back