• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Can not remember the title of this mystery/crime book.

gregwegmann

I read this great mystery/crime book a few years back. I have to compile a list of my favorite books from all time and I REALLY want this book to be on it. The plot was about a detective/police officer who's girlfriend (she's a photographer) commits suicide, she was clinically depressed. As the plot unfolds, the story is also told from the point of view of the psychologist who subtly nudges his patients towards suicide.

The psychologist has his office in home and keeps tapes of his sessions and kills his wife when she discovers them. After the detective's girlfriend's camera is examined, a picture is found which shows the psychologist to be the killer. In the final scene, the detective goes to the psychologist's house and shoots him dead after finding his wife already shot.

Does anyone have any clue as to the name or even the author of this book? I would love to read it again.

Back