• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Can we create our own reality?

VestnikRA

There is a parable. Disciples decicded to test their teacher.
They approached him hiding a butterfly in semi-closed hands and asked him if the creature is dead or alive.
They agreed amongst themselves that if the teacher answers: "Dead", the disciple will open hands and the butterfly will fly away alive, but if the teacher says "Alive" he will slightly squeeze his palms so that the butterfly will be dead...
Wise teacher answered: "Everything is in your hands..." :D
So we are always able to change our reality the way we want it. If you want to go green just go for it! :)
If you want to make it Space of Love - just do it, everything is in your hands! :D

What do you think?

I don't think we can create our reality 100% of the time. This is a world of chaos; a world of joys and sorrows and there are countless things out of our control on this earth.

To believe that we control our reality 100% of the time is psychotic thinking.

I don't think we can create our reality 100% of the time. This is a world of chaos; a world of joys and sorrows and there are countless things out of our control on this earth.

To believe that we control our reality 100% of the time is psychotic thinking.

I am not saying that we control our reality, I am saying that we CREATE it either consciously or unconsciously.

OK, let me rephrase that... To believe that we cause (create) our reality 100% of the time is psychotic thinking.

If your 17 year old child gets murdered by unknown gangsters, did you create that reality consciously or unconsciously? Did that 17 year old child create their reality of being murdered?

I am not saying that we control our reality, I am saying that we CREATE it either consciously or unconsciously.

No, we cannot create our own reality. And it is quite an extraordinary claim that you are making. I read your link in the other thread and I see no evidence that you have put forth to support your claim.

OK, let me rephrase that... To believe that we cause (create) our reality 100% of the time is psychotic thinking.

If your 17 year old child gets murdered by unknown gangsters, did you create that reality consciously or unconsciously? Did that 17 year old child create their reality of being murdered?

If you are not concsiously creating your reality then you let someone else do it for you. In most cases so named "civilized society" takes this power. Murders like you described happen when most people blindly follow the way of "civilized society" like sheeps in a slaughterhouse.

No, we cannot create our own reality. And it is quite an extraordinary claim that you are making. I read your link in the other thread and I see no evidence that you have put forth to support your claim.

You may find quite a lot of evidences in "The Secret" and "What the bleep do we know?"

First thing that came to my mind was Willy Loman in the Death of a Salesman. He had thought that he lived in his 'ideal' world where everything was doing fine: His son was going to be a football star. Even when his son failed out of High School he still thought he had raised him well to be a successful person in society, but his son turns out to be a cleptomanic who cannot keep a job long enough and had served some jailtime. Loman also believed that he was a great salesman, and believed his employer owed him to provide a cushy job for him for what he had done for all those years he had served his company. All turns out to be a 'created reality'. And sometimes I question myself whether if I am being a bit like Willy Loman.

See also Lake Wobegon effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia A perfect example of created reality. Almost all of us have it instilled in our minds. It is an innate character that keeps us going.

You may find quite a lot of evidences in "The Secret" and "What the bleep do we know?"

The Secret and What the bleep are pure quackery and pseudoscientific bunk. I am very familiar with the New Age & metaphysics movement and it is just another fanatical religion and a form of mind f*cking.

If you are not concsiously creating your reality then you let someone else do it for you. In most cases so named "civilized society" takes this power. Murders like you described happen when most people blindly follow the way of "civilized society" like sheeps in a slaughterhouse.

Horseshit. Tragedy strikes everyone's life at one time or another and to say that a person consciously or unconsciously attracted that tragedy to himself is cruel, inhumane and does nothing but fill the person with a feeling of failure and shame.

Yes, people are responsible for an enormous amount of shit that happens in their life but NOT %100!

I suppose you believe that a 15 year old who develops terminal cancer caused that to happen to himself/herself with their thoughts/consciousness. That is bullshit and no different from a religious fanatic who believes god is punishing a person with a terminal disease for some wrongdoing. What good would it do to tell that 15 year old that he caused his terminal cancer? It would cruel and inhuman to say such a thing because no matter how that person changes their thinking, he will die anyway.

Yes, people are responsible for an enormous amount of shit that happens in their life but NOT %100!

At least you said that "people are responsible for an enormous amount of shit that happens in their life"
I am trying to deliver the same message and it is not that important 100% they are responsible or 50%.

I am familiar with both of them. Citing them as your sources is just weakening your case in my eyes. Sorry, but anytime someone throws quantum mechanics around as a proposed explanation for the metaphysical, it should immediately set alarms off in your head. Pseudoscientists often try to throw the world "quantum" around because they know the average person doesn't know a thing about quantum mechanics and will be less likely to question it. Just a hint: all those weird things that happen at the quantum level completely wash out at the macro and even microscopic levels.

I am familiar with both of them. Citing them as your sources is just weakening your case in my eyes. Sorry, but anytime someone throws quantum mechanics around as a proposed explanation for the metaphysical, it should immediately set alarms off in your head. Pseudoscientists often try to throw the world "quantum" around because they know the average person doesn't know a thing about quantum mechanics and will be less likely to question it. Just a hint: all those weird things that happen at the quantum level completely wash out at the macro and even microscopic levels.

Bob Magness, you may be right about quantum mechanics, I don't mean it specifically. The are a lot of other evidences in those movies and in some books I read and even in my own experience that every man is the master of his/her own surrounding reality, no matter if he/she aware about it or not.
That's what I am trying to say.

The are a lot of other evidences in those movies and in some books I read and even in my own experience that every man is the master of his/her own surrounding reality, no matter if he/she aware about it or not.

We are trying to tell you that those evidences and claims in the law of attraction are bogus.

Every man is a master of his surrounding reality only to a small percentage of what happens in his life but NOT to the degree that The Secret or What the Bleep claims.

We are trying to tell you that those evidences and claims in the law of attraction are bogus.

Every man is a master of his surrounding reality only to a small percentage of what happens in his life but NOT to the degree that The Secret or What the Bleep claims.

This makes no sense to argue about the percentage rate (small or average or high...) of man's mastery. It is very personal experience. To my perception it is quite high (although not 100 %), to yours - it is very small. And both of us are right! :)
The main thing I try to bring up is that a man IS the MASTER of his own life.

a man IS the MASTER of his own life.

Seems to me that the issue could be sharpened (and the discussion clarified) by distinguishing between "actions" and "life." Man in charge of his own actions is certainly a much more arguable proposition than man in charge of his own entire life. Having made that distinction, one might as well distinguish between his own "thoughts" and his own "actions" and, further along that track, between his "own" thoughts and the thoughts of others that he encounters in "life."

Then one could tame down the use of the word Master, to some word which implies less than complete control.

And while one is constructing a model for man and the world he interacts with, one might fit in "emotions," "passions" and "beliefs" someplace -- "own" and "other."

A few basic definitions, once they are agreed on, usually helps a discussion.

Just one person's opinion, and just thinking out loud.
But peace, and especially Love, I'll vote for. :flowers:

What do I think?

We don't create reality, we interpret it. We can alter out direction within it's bounds and may therefore, be the author of our own destiny. But we cannot create reality.

With that said. What we will probably find out is that every one of you are characters in a drama created by my subconscious. When I die, you will all cease to exist.

Seems to me that the issue could be sharpened (and the discussion clarified) by distinguishing between "actions" and "life." Man in charge of his own actions is certainly a much more arguable proposition than man in charge of his own entire life. Having made that distinction, one might as well distinguish between his own "thoughts" and his own "actions" and, further along that track, between his "own" thoughts and the thoughts of others that he encounters in "life."

Then one could tame down the use of the word Master, to some word which implies less than complete control.

And while one is constructing a model for man and the world he interacts with, one might fit in "emotions," "passions" and "beliefs" someplace -- "own" and "other."

A few basic definitions, once they are agreed on, usually helps a discussion.

Just one person's opinion, and just thinking out loud.
But peace, and especially Love, I'll vote for. :flowers:

Ok, we can clarify and distinguish it further, by answering the question:
What brings you to the point you are at NOW? - determination or "the rule of chance"? :) If you believe in determination, so there must be someone or something that makes it? Don't you think so? And who is that may be ? God? Man?

What do I think?

We don't create reality, we interpret it. We can alter out direction within it's bounds and may therefore, be the author of our own destiny. But we cannot create reality.

With that said. What we will probably find out is that every one of you are characters in a drama created by my subconscious. When I die, you will all cease to exist.

Well put! As far as I remember this kind of vision is related Kabbala teaching. Or not? :)
I think this may be right for you as long as you believe it.

What brings you to the point you are at NOW? - determination or "the rule of chance"? :) If you believe in determination, so there must be someone or something that makes it? Don't you think so? And who is that may be ? God? Man?

I'm not big on dichotomies. But those who have been in discussions with me know that I have a Christian faith. How that came to be, and what my beliefs are in detail, are for discussion in other more appropriate venues than this one. :flowers:

Back