• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Can working in a bookstore make you hate books?

abecedarian said:
See, If I ran a bookstore, I'd make sure that I had multicopies of several book-related magazines in the breakroom each month. I would even try to have a time for employees to discuss the articles and latest books. Seems like this would cut down on morale problems and help the employees do a better job taking care of customers. I would also think it might help cut down on employee theft because in a short time, it would feel like stealing from a cousin or uncle..
Yess..yess.. *rubs hands together* this is my plan... make bookstores more like the library... yesssssssss!

I worked at our local Borders for a little over a year in 2000 and loved it, absolutely loved it. I spent all my paycheck on books, however (LOL).

It never made me hate books, but it did test my patience with customers sometimes! I would do it again if I could. Maybe Barnes and Noble though, they are my favorite bookseller right now.

I sure hope not! I really wanna work in a book store. I've applied at Barnes & Noble nearly ten times and they still haven't called me back. Even though they'ved hired six people in the that time.

Back