• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Can't remember Book Title or Author :/ - Steampunk Scifi or Fantasy?

mikeyg77

Hi,

A while ago I was reading an article about sci-fi/fantasy books which were worth reading and somebody suggested a book which sounded intriguing but I was in the middle of a very long series of books and had a backlog after that. So seeing as I couldn't read it for a while I was sure I saved the page somewhere but cannot find it now and now cannot for the life of me remember the title or author of the book...

All I remember is:

a) vague memory of the front cover - As far as I can remember it was very brown in color, showing an old fashion looking town/city and I think it was dominated by a large clock-tower in the foreground

b) I think it was a Steampunk style novel

c) I think it was the first in a series of novels

I know it's not much to go on but it is really bugging me, so all suggestions are welcome.

Hi, MikeyG! Could it have been Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series or her prequel series, The Infernal Devices? Infernal Devices are definitely steampunk and fantasy.

7171637.jpg

Hi, MikeyG! Could it have been Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series or her prequel series, The Infernal Devices? Infernal Devices are definitely steampunk and fantasy.

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately I don't think that is the one :( Having read the description it does sound quite interesting, so I might read it sometime.

Back